Update to the house fire at 222 S Commercial

Photo by Hannah Demory

On February 26, 2018, the Eagle Grove Fire Department was dispatched to 222 S. Commercial in Eagle Grove for a house fire. The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen before spreading to the rest of the house. The house had three occupants and as a result of the fire 55 year old Laurie McPherson passed away. 55 year old Jon Biondahl was treated for smoke inhalation and burns, and 33 year old Lance McPherson was treated for smoke inhalation. There is believed to be no foul play causing this fire. The Eagle Grove EMS, Goldfield Fire and State Fire Marshall's office assisted in the incident.